Yet another example of a casino game that has its origins so far in the past that nobody is able to exactly pinpoint the true origins. The craps game can be played online, in casinos, on the street, almost everywhere and that makes it very popular. Another awesome thing about the game of craps is that almost everybody can play it; of course, it’s a good idea to be over 18 years old.
Enjoy now online craps and get the excitement offered by this online casino game. No sign-up required
You need to set the bets and payouts beforehand.
• It is necessary to throw the dice in turns. The participant who rolls the dice is named the ‘shooter’.
• All the participants are able to make bets on a variety of options. You are only to set chips on those sectors of the field you wish.
• The gambler rolling the dice must bet only on the ‘Pass’ line or ‘Don’t Pass’ line.
• There are two stages known as ‘come-out’ and ‘point’ in the 2 main rounds of the game.
• Craps’ is named a come-out roll of 2, 3 or 12.
• 7 or 11 is called a ‘natural’.
• Pass Line becomes a winner.
• 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 are grave for the shooter.
• As soon as the shooter stops on any of these numbers, he is granted with the ‘point’ – to ‘pass’ or ‘win’.
• If only the Don’t Pass line wins, the Pass line losses and vice versa. Nevertheless, there is an exception- the come-out roll.
The actual gameplay in the craps game is pretty straight forward. Either if you’re playing it in a land-based casino, an online casino or on the street, the main idea is to throw the dice and expect the result. Now, depending on which version of craps you are playing, rules can be a bit different. And especially for online craps, you might need to keep your eyes and ears open since there are some tricky rules here. It all revolves around the pass line bet and there are two kinds of such bets you can place:
Of course, there are several other types of bets in the craps game but they’re all just variations of these two main betting patterns. So it should be enough to master these two in order to understand everything else.
For example, when going to bet on the pass line the first thing you should understand is that you will only be able to win as much as you initially bet. You roll the dice and if the outcome is 7 or 11, the ones betting on the outcome will win the prize. If instead, it returns a 12,2 or 3 all the money will go to the one who rolls the dice. This person is frequently referred to as the shooter.
The other version, the not pass line bet in online craps is basically the opposite of the rule mentioned above. And the whole point here is to bet on the fact that the result will be two, three or twelve and when this happens you can win up to twice the amount you bet.
Although it is a very exciting and interesting game, during the years it was very often associated with bands of shady individuals, often smugglers that used to play it at the corner of the street as a past-time activity or even to make some extra cash until the next job. Luckily enough, the craps game managed to restore its reputation as big land-based casinos in Las Vegas promoted the game intensively.
Hate it or love it, the craps game is a very popular casino game and it seems it will remain that way for many, many years to come. The thing that attracts people the most, well mostly men, is that it gives you that rush of betting against others on an unpredictable outcome. What do you think? Is the craps game for you?